Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 21!

This week's new thing is something I came across on Pinterest and decided to give it a try - oven-dried strawberries!  I've been buying tons lately - they are sooooo delicious and good for me, too!  Tons of vitamin C and not too many calories! A quick Internet search revealed quite a few different methods with regard to slicing, quartering, oven temperature, length of time, etc.  I just decided to slice mine and let them sit in a 200 degree oven for about three hours turning them once.  Here's what they looked like after coming out of the oven...
 

They tasted okay and I can see how they would make a healthy treat! I'm going to give this another try - this time cutting them in quarters and giving them more time in the oven.
 
In other news, guess what I got...
 


Direct from London, UK!



Some family members were travelling to England a few weeks ago.  I just happened to mention that if they just happened to be near the Liberty store to pick me up some fabric...


I got a phone call one morning from my SIL saying she was in the Liberty store and to tell her what I would like!  After I collected myself I gave her a few guidelines.  This is what she picked out for me...

 
Isn't it pretty!  I just love it! I have a project in mind but I think I need more time just to stare at it.  Oh, it's going to be hard to take my rotary cutter to this. Some fabric just isn't meant to be cut up (in my opinion)!  I've been dying to get my hands on some of this fabric.  I think it is so pretty and the colours are fabulous! Thank you, Jeanette!  You hit the nail on the head!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment