Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 20!

I'm a few days late...but I managed to get my new thing done for this week!  I've been wanting for ages a while to make a little thread catcher for my sewing room!  I came across a pattern here so gave it a try!  Here's the finished product...
 

The picture is a little blurry but you get the idea!  I think it turned out pretty good. The pattern is well written and easy to follow with lots of different finishing options. I chose to use linen with a little strip of patchwork.  The pattern calls for Essex linen. I wasn't sure what that was so I just bought regular linen and used my favourite colour for the lining!  I love trying out these little sewing projects - they're great for sharpening my sewing skills which I seriously lack!
 
In quilting news, I decided I couldn't wait to get Allison's new book so I downloaded the e-book version to my Kobo (that's a Canadian version of Kindle)! I wasn't sure I would like having a quilt book in an electronic format as I LOVE flipping through quilt books but it's great.  There is even an option to print the patterns! Anyway, her quilts are adorable and I want to make every one in the book!  I managed to get started on one a few days ago...
 
 
These little blocks are so cute and were fun to make.  Hopefully I will have the top finished this week so I can give you a little peek!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment