Sunday, April 28, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 18 (AND A LESSON LEARNED)!

This week I've been able to cross off another project on my list - a triangle quilt!  I picked up a 60 degree triangle ruler at Joann's a few months ago on a quick trip across the line (as we say here in Vancouver)! I decided on the size and cut a nice little pile of triangles...
 
 
They remind me of cotton candy!

Doing the layout for this quilt took me FOREVER!  I have a small design wall which I normally use but ended up doing this on the floor as it was a bit too big.  After laying out the triangles I sewed the rows together.  I was then able to lay them out on my design wall...
 
 
Pretty, isn't it! Fortunately, I numbered the rows because a little while ago I heard an "uh-oh" from my husband as he passed by my sewing room.  I went to have a look and discovered this...
 
 
I'm pretty sure I know how this happened...
 
 
That's the last time I leave the door open! Lesson learned.
If you're interested, I cut 135 60 degree triangles from 5 inch WOF strips for 9 rows of 15 triangles - this should give me a baby quilt about 35 x 40 inches (I think)!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment