Friday, March 15, 2013

A FINISH (AND A FAVOURITE)!

I finished my Posey granny square quilt and I'm in love!  I think this is my most favourite quilt I have made yet!  I also discovered my love for lavender!  Here it is...
 
 
The rainy weather made it difficult to get a good shot. This is the best I could do.  I found the inspiration for this quilt here! I love her style (and she's Canadian, too)! 
 
I've been working on my hand quilting (see previous post)!  I'm having a few issues - I think I need a different needle - I think the one I'm using is too long. Also, my thimble keeps falling off!  I've never been able to get used to sewing with a thimble.  I remember my mom using one all the time but I can't seem to get the hang of it. It feels awkward and strange and my fingertip gets all hot!
 
 I just finished up this top (more granny squares) and I think it just begs for hand quilting...
 
 
I'm determined to get the hang of it!
 
Linking up with Amanda Jean today!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You can see I'm obsessed with granny squares these days!

      Delete